Since I committed to writing a “blog badly daily” a few days ago, I’ve made some observations about myself and the blog posting process…
– The commitment puts a bit of time pressure on me. My days were already quite busy and adding this to it doesn’t help. I did go in fully aware of this but still, until the process becomes second nature (and faster) and I get to prioritize and shuffle things around a bit more, it will get some getting used to.
– Most of the times, when I get in front of my laptop, I don’t know what I want to write about. I just take a few deep breaths or meditate for a few minutes and let loose whatever voice that wants to come out. So far, the inspiration has been flowing.
– Once or twice, when I wrote a blog and just before publishing it, some other voice jumped at me and cautioned me against “exposing” myself and sharing information about myself. BUT a deeper voice inside of me whispered that my strength comes from true authenticity and a cloak of fake perceptions won’t protect me. The “old me” would have lived a cautious and protected life. The “new me” is stepping boldly into freeing my truth.
– My “ego” is a sensitive fella. When I publish a post, he worries whether anyone will read it and like it and will anyone follow me. I have to sit him down every time and have a talk with him. I remind him of “non-judgmental acceptance” and curiously enough, that calms him down 🙂
– Part of me is pushing me to share my music and make that a key part of this blog. I’m not there yet though. I really would love to get to the point that every month, I could record and share a new song. Because my current style is minimalist and I prefer the honesty of a singer-songwriter with just his instrument, theoretically it shouldn’t be too daunting. We shall see.
– I tried to follow anyone that followed me but I’m having some technical difficulties following people who aren’t on WordPress.com. It seems that the issue is with folks who are on WordPress.org. I’ve reached out to the WordPress technical support team for a solution.
– It’s really fun reading other people’s blogs and I really wish I had more time to engage more on their blogs, but right now, between work, music, blogging, and etc. I’m really short for time. Once my musicianship gets a bit better, it won’t take as much time and I can put my sailing hat on and sail the colorful and rich waters of fellow bloggers blogs.
It’s close to mid-night on Friday. I wish you all a great weekend!